A working village in the north of Russia on Svir River where we had tea and piroshki with a local babushka. Tatiana who now lives with her college age daughter, has lived in this house since 1948, a 600 square foot duplex. During WW II the entire village of 30,000 occupants was totally obliterated and then rebuilt in its present configuration by Finnish POWs. Tatiana’s grandfather helped rebuild the power plant and locks and was provided the house. Like many of her neighbors she has lived here for over 60 years. Today the major employer in the village of 500 year round residents is the hydroelectric plant.